The usual run-to place for everything we need to know about is the Internet, specifically, Google. If you are looking for a contact number you no longer need to find the Yellow Pages, you can just search the net. The same goes in looking for a roofing contractor. In searching for one, you will surely get a lot of results, but some of those are scammers, so make sure that you will trust only a professional.
The main thing to consider is hiring a professional roofing contractor that is experienced in installing roofs that will be durable enough for a long period of time.
If your roofing material is made of premium products like cedar, metal, slate or clay tiles, you should seek the services of professional roofing contractors who are well-trained and knowledgeable in roof installation.
The question is, how will you know if an internet advertisement is real or scam?
How To Know If A Roofing Contractor Online Advertisement Is A Scam
Not because a website appears first in the Google search results does it mean that it is the best roofing contractor among the rest. Usually, these websites have paid that placement in the results page.
Also, don’t rely on numerous good reviews because we don’t know if these are real or paid. You have to determine which are real and not. Look for bad reviews also.
Another indicator if a website is a scam is their domain or website names. Usually these scammers will come up with a similar domain name and logos as reputable roofing contractors who doesn’t have any websites yet.
Signs Of An Authentic Roofing Contractor In The Internet
- If a roofing contractor is a local, midsize and owner-operated company, then you get the best quality of work because chances are the owner is also its best employee.
- It’s always advisable to look for roofing contractors that works best on the roofing material that you want to install. Make sure that the manufacturer of your material approved the contractors’ installation.
- Check out photos and latest projects of the roofing contractor to see how they work.
- Check how the contractor implements specific repair details or roof installation similar to your roof material.
- Search in their website for videos of the roof installations they do to see their techniques.
Hiring A Roofing Contractor
You should come up with three to five contractors to do your roof installation. Try to call each of them to inquire and request for references. Contact the references and ask about their experience in the contractors.
If your contractor failed to give you references, then think twice before getting their service unless they can prove their experience in roof installation. It’s your part to investigate.
Also, make sure to get a good deal. The best deal is not just the cheaper price but also the overall quality of the service that you will get.